WEEK 26 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

WEEK 26 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


In the Senior Division, Baiteze Squad remain top of the table by a couple of points, racking up an eighth win of the season on Sunday at the Marshes with a 3-2 home win against FLY. With others around them also winning, that win was vital to remain as leaders, also maintaining their unbeaten record in the division so far this season.

Brook Athletic are in second place following a 3-1 scoreline in their game against Flyhouse Athletic in Hainault where a goal apiece from Eamon Payne, Callum Ibe and Samir Bihmoutine proved the difference in the end. That keeps Brook in second spot for now ahead of the remaining five games of the season.

Over in east London, a cracker of game saw Club 1017 in home action against the reigning champions, Hatch Lane, a game which swayed both ways on the day. Hatch looked to have taken the spoils before Club struck with the last action of the game to make it 3-3 and take a draw, putting a dent in Hatch hopes of retaining their title.


The league leaders in Division One, AC Milano, have moved to cusp of the league title following the weekend’s results, taking their tally to nine wins from nine with a 4-0 home victory against Barking & Dagenham Wanderers. With their closest rivals still able to mathematically catch them, it could all be decided in a fortnight’s time.

St Augustines rounded off their league season in the division with a home fixture against Wanstead at Fords Newbury Park, the Saints making it seven wins from fourteen this season with an 8-2 success. That result moves them up into second spot, at least temporarily, as they now await the results of sides around them to dictate final placings.


In the Division Two Cup, it was second semi-final time as Condor and East London Ballers battled for the right to take on Debden Sports next month. In a closely fought contest, neither side were able to breach the defences in ninety minutes as the game ended 0-0. A shootout was therefore required and it was Condor who held their nerve to win it 5-4, confirming a debut season cup final.


The race for the title in Division Two took a bit of a twist on Sunday morning as Debden Sports Reserves missed the change to go back to the top as they were held to a 3-3 draw against Ainslie in Dagenham. Tom Osmond, Will Osmond and Jamie Rones all found the back of the net for Sports but visitor goals from Nial Mullins, Jonathan Carter and James Bonney levelled up affairs.

That result also allowed Colebrook Royals Seniors to close the gap on the leaders to just three points as they racked up an important 5-1 win at home against fourth placed Daglanta, leapfrogging them in the process. Kaci Henry’s hat-trick proved pivotal, Ivan Machado and Nedret Ozkasim goals adding the gloss, rendering a Lion Docaj goal as just consolation.

There was an eight-goal thriller in the division’s other game as Cloud 9 took on an FC Galaxy side, the latter beginning the day trailing their opponents by two points. But a 5-3 win for Galaxy saw them leap above the Cloud men, moving sixth in the process. Mihai Mareniuc and Alexandru Rincu both scored twice and Alexandru Saru scored the other for the winning side.


There were two games in Division Three, both at Hainault Rec, where title chasing City Site moved to within a point of the leaders following a victory against United Amateurs. City were able to complete a 2-0 win on the day, an eleventh win of the season, that result keeping them third ahead of the vital run in to the end.

On an adjacent pitch, South Ilford Catholics brought their maiden season with the league to a close but taking their points tally nineteen following a 3-3 home draw against Valence United. Brandon Croft, William Levis and Orintas Mikulskas were the host players on target with Rowan Newland and Josh Russell on the Valence scoresheet in reply.


The remaining quarter-final in the Division Four Cup was completed on Sunday as the rearranged game between Byron Red Star and Eastern Avenue got underway at Hylands Park. Both sides were in good form on the day as the game ended level at 3-3, Lloyd-Reghan Ogorji, Gabriel Ogunmokun and Adrian John all scoring for Byron, before their side held their nerve to win the shootout 5-4.


It’s as you were at the top of Division Four with Warren Senior leading the way at the top by a point, their latest victory seeing them come away winners in an eight-goal thriller against Kit Out London, 5-3 the scoreline. Akeem Matthews scored twice with Alan Butt, Lloyd Ross, Kane Ledeatte, Anthony Cooke and Scott McGlynn netting for Warren.

Colebrook Royals Reserves are the side sitting second but have now completed their league action, a thirteenth win in eighteen games seeing them awaiting results elsewhere to determine a finishing place. They were 5-1 winners at home in their final game, defeating a ninth placed Silencio side courtesy of goals from Jordan Rock (2), Lewis McGillicuddy, Oscar Simmons and Jamie Meakin.

Third placed Woodford Town will hope to bridge the gap to the promotion places in their remaining games of the season, moving to within six points of the top following a 4-1 away win against Prospect Protégé in Hainault. Courtney Cooke, Sam Jarvis, Sam May-Parrott and Morgan Radley all struck for Town, overcoming Archie Kieran’s goal for the hosts.


Leaders, Royal Lions B, have opened up a four point lead at the top of Division Five following their league fixture on Sunday, winning the Hainault Rec derby game with Hainault Athletic in a 3-1 scoreline. Leon Adeyemi scored for the visitors but the Lions netted three of their own to make it eleven wins for the season.


The line-up for the Division Six Cup Final has now been finalised as the second semi-final saw London Legacy taking on Woodford Town Reserves at Whitbread Sports Ground. With the league title already secured, Town are still in the hunt for a possible treble and they now make their way into the final following a 4-0 semi victory.


Both semi-finals took place in the Division Seven Cup with Ridgeway Rovers making their return to the cup final stage once again this season, overcoming an Epping Forest Falcons side in Woodford in a 5-1 scoreline. Regan Marshall scored twice with Dillon Woods, Ammar Menouar and Tommy Sheridan goals completing the scoresheet.

Taking on Rovers in that final will be Debden Sports A who have had a much improved season this term in both the league and cup, following the lead of their reserve counterparts to make a final themselves, ending Gatcliffe’s run to the last four at the semi-final stage, Sports winning 6-0. Augustus Lawrence scored two with Brendan Anamole, Neel Patel and Alex Williams also netting.


There was just the one league fixture in Division Seven but it was an important one affecting matters towards the top as Ping City Phoenixes faced fellow promotion contenders, Colebrook Royals A, at Redbridge Sports Centre. Jake Austin got himself on the Royals’ scoresheet with Ping levelling things up to take a point each in a 1-1 draw that dents both sides’ hopes.


JK Silvertown are safely through into the semi-finals of the West Essex Cup once again this season as they saw off Hackney & Leyton League side, Flamengo, in a comprehensive fashion. JK were 13-2 winners in the game to book their place.

Other News Articles

Return to news list