WEEK 30 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

WEEK 30 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


It’s Essex Cup delight for Hatch Lane who, at the second attempt, lifted the coveted silverware with a stunning 7-0 winning performance against a widely regarded Fryerns side at the Len Salmon Stadium. Hatch were ahead early with Tyler Dolan netting, Daniel Couldridge doubling that shortly after to lead at the break. The last twenty minutes was where the game really opened up and further goals from Montel Shalders-Gayle and Zac Newton meant that Hatch lifted the trophy! Many congratulations to all involved at the club on bringing this trophy back home to the league.


The first Corinthian final of the season got underway on Friday evening as Manford Way took on Coppice Row at Parkside in the Division Five Cup climax. A goal just before the break from Herman Mwanza put Manford ahead at the break but the game turned on it’s head straight from the restart as Mergim Marku headed in to level. And with the game appearing to be heading to penalties, a superb left foot volley from Jack Speakman in the dying moments gave Coppice Row a memorable 2-1 win and their hands on the trophy.


It was semi-final day in the Endeavour Cup with two sides battling for the right to take their place in the final later in the month. Epping Royals and Woodford Town Reserves, two sides who will be facing one another again next week, produced a close game at Stonards Hill, settled by a single goal. That Town goal edged a close contest 1-0 to send them into a second final of the season.


Baiteze Squad have moved to the cusp of the Senior Division league title this season, taking their wins tally to eleven with a hard fought 2-1 home victory against Club 1017 at the Marshes. That result means that a point will be enough next weekend to take the league title for the first time, albeit with a game against their big rivals.


In Division One, it’s congratulations to everyone at AC Milano who wrapped up the league title on Sunday with a 6-0 away win against Barking Riverside in Dagenham, a result which carried them beyond the reach of their opponents. Uzair Patel scored two with Nesar Torkamani, David Alele, Aaron Browne and Abdul Rajab all netting to wrap things up. Congratulations to all involved at the club on their achievements so far this season!


Debden Sports Reserves remain top of the table in Division Two and with matters in their hands for the league title, completing a twelfth win of the season following their 7-1 success against Cloud 9 on Sunday morning. Jamie Rones scored a hat-trick with Charlie Thomas and Will Osmond both netting two each to stay three points clear at the top.

Second placed Colebrook Royals Seniors are one of the sides who will still have a big say in the destination of the title and they remain three points adrift following a thrilling 4-3 comeback win against FC Galaxy in Chigwell. Galaxy led through efforts from Sorin Bargaoanu, Tatian Radu and Alexandry Saru but Royals efforts from Dom Sidoli, Joe Cole, Presley Evans and Jay Bothroyd turned it around.

Belfry sit third in the standings with four games to go, their opponents on Sunday being a Daglanta sides sitting a couple of points further behind in fifth. An entertaining game ended in a 3-3 draw with the Robinsons producing the goals, Mark, Joshua and Reece, all on the scoresheet to earn their side a point.

That result enabled East London Ballers to climb another couple of places as they catch up on their league games, win number nine this term being achieved through a 2-1 home win against Higham Hill. Almame Ly Athie and Zulqirnain Khan both struck for Ballers, those goals enough to edge a close game and take a vital three points in their chase for promotion.


In Division Four, there are new leaders for the first time in a while as Woodford Town reached the summit on goal difference, beating Eastern Avenue in a 3-0 scoreline at Whitbread Sports Ground to set up a title decider next weekend. Luke Dimond, Morgan Radley and Courtney Cooke all got on the scoresheet for Town who face Warren in a title showdown on Sunday.

Elsewhere in the division, cup finalists, Byron Red Star, made their way into east London at the weekend to take on a Kit Out London side fighting against the drop still. That fight will go into their final game, Kit Out taking a point in a 2-2 draw with David Defeo and Akeem Matthews scoring for them, while Oluwagbeminiui Adeaga and Lloyd Ugorji struck with the Byron efforts.


Manford Way bounced back strongly from their reverse on Friday evening to move top of the table in Division Five on Sunday, beating Ace Athletics 4-2 in a local derby to record win number thirteen this season. Louie Seaman scored twice for Ace but Jake Li’s hat-trick plus a Billy Allen goal sent the league leaders to victory with four games to go.

It was also victory for May & Baker EC at the weekend who have climbed up into fourth place now, sending cup winners, Coppice Row, to defeat in Loughton in a 3-0 scoreline. Frankie Westland was the difference between the sides, scoring twice, with Joe Hack netting the other for Bakers to make it ten wins this term.

Over in Walthamstow, Mansfield Rangers got back to winning ways as they took all three points from their penultimate game of the season against Lonsdale. Billy Happe, Claudius Edwards and Kian Richardson scored the goals for Rangers, overcoming a Charlie Owen strike from the visitors with the game ending in a 3-1 win for the hosts.


Valence United Reserves have kept alive their hopes for a top three finish in Division Six following win number nine this season, beating Brymans Park 5-1 at Barking Park to keep momentum going ahead of their upcoming cup final. Rowan Newland scored two, Ruben Carvalho, Malakye Meade and Krystus Coleman goals completing the scoresheet with Ronnie Pemble striking the Park goal in reply.


There will be an exhilarating ending to the season in Division Seven as Ridgeway Rovers dropped a couple of vital points at home against Gatcliffe on Sunday morning, but still moving second on goal difference. Lewis Marshall and Harvey Woods struck the goals for Rovers and they are now one of four clubs sitting separated by just two points at the summit with all to play for!


It was semi-final day in two of the West Essex Cup competitions, beginning in the Charity Cup where JK Silvertown entertained a Parsonage Leys side in Beckton, the game ending level at 2-2 after ninety minutes to send the game to a shootout. And it was the Harlow based side who held their nerve from the penalty spot to win 4-2 and take their place in the final next month.

In the day’s other semi-final, it was an all-Division Three clash in the Trophy where AC Milano Reserves were up against City Site in East Ham. With the sides set to meet in a league title showdown this weekend, it was AC who took the win on this occasion, winning 2-0 to book their place in the final.

Other News Articles

Return to news list