WEEK 33 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

WEEK 33 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


The London Sunday Challenge Cup Final reached its climax on Sunday afternoon as Baiteze Squad travelled south of the river to take on rival SE Dons at AFC Wimbledon’s Plough Lane ground. Osude gave Baiteze an early lead from the spot before Onyeagwara stroked in the second, though Tom Beer’s great shot reduced the deficit to make it 2-1 at the break. Otuyo was needed for some big saves in the second half and they reaped the rewards as Osude raced clear to score another, the game ending in a 3-1 Baiteze win. Many congratulations to them on their success!


Earlier on Sunday, the focus was on Mayesbrook Park as we reached the climax of the Endeavour Cup Final, Woodford Town Reserves up against Valence United Reserves. After an even start, it was Woodford who took the lead as Jakob Richards pounced in the box to score the opener before Barney Hurd added a second five minutes later. They started the second half stronger also with Richards firing in his second before Valence’s best spell saw them dominate proceedings and were finally rewarded with Malakye Meade finishing a good move to make it 3-1. It was a bit too late to change the outcome however and it was Woodford who lifted their latest silverware.


On Friday evening, we were under the lights at Parkside for the Division Two Cup Final as Debden Sports Reserves took on FC Condor for the trophy. Debden dominated the early proceedings of the game but it was Valentin Siciov who broke the deadlock on the half hour and that spurred on his side as Liviu Tihor struck a second just a minute later to lead by two at the break. Sports were spurred on by their half time team talk clearly as they halved the deficit within a minute, Will Osmond racing clear and finishing clinically. Debden pressed hard for the leveller, including a header off the bar, but Condor held on to take a 2-1 win and lift the trophy!


There was just the one game from the top flight which saw two of the division’s giants meet at Parsloes Park with Hatch Lane up against Brook Athletic. The game produced a five-goal thriller, settled in favour of Brook who moved to within two points of confirming the runners-up spot as Youssef Moumen scored twice and Jayden Hocking-Rising once in a 3-2 win.


In Division One, JK Silvertown remain well placed to push for a top half finish in the division after they saw off the threat of Wanstead in the east London derby with JK winning the game 9-0 to pick up a fourth league win of the season. That leaves the visitors four points behind the side placed above them with two games in hand.


The Division Two action saw a repeat of Friday night’s cup final line-up but a reversal of the fortunes for Debden Sports Reserves who struck late on to beat Condor in a 2-1 scoreline, that result enough to confirm at least second place in the standings. Joseph Cloake and George Bird goals were enough in the end to avenge that cup final reversal inside forty-eight hours.


There were goals aplenty in Loughton as Coppice Row completed their season in fine style following a win in a twelve-goal thriller against Ace Athletics who remained under threat of relegation. Jake Williams struck two off the bench for Ace with Simon Cameron, Joshua Craske and Alex Mason also netting but those proved in vain, now needing two wins from two.

Other News Articles

Return to news list