WEEK 36 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

WEEK 36 REVIEW: Round-up of all the Corinthian League action from the weekend

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


The Trophyland Cup final kicked off a double header of cup final action on Sunday at Victoria Road with Woodford Town moving into an early 2-0 lead through a Luke Dimond brace. Joshua Adu's effort halved the deficit for AC Milano Reserves but Dimond completed a hat-trick almost immediately before Alex Balisani scored an excellent solo goal to make it 3-2. Courtney Cooke came off the bench make it four for Town, Ben Smith then adding another. Garrett Kelly fired in a third for AC to give them something to chase but Woodford held on to win 5-3 and lift another trophy. 


Later on in the afternoon, it was time for the Corinthian Cup champion to be crowned for this season with AC Milano's first team attempting to add another trophy but faced a top flight Critics side in the game. After neither side had really looked like scoring in the first half, it was AC's Akiljo Balliu who broke the deadlock in a feisty encounter, punishing an error at the back to send his side into a 1-0 half-time lead. With both sides reduced in numbers, it took until twenty minutes from time for Hassan Mohamed to score a deflected effort and double AC's lead, then popping up in stoppage time with his second goal to complete a 3-0 AC Milano win, their third trophy of the year.


The race for promotion in Division Two will go to the very last fixture of the season as East London Ballers secured the points they needed to keep alive their hopes, winning 4-0 away at champions, Debden Sports Reserves, to move to within a point of a top two finish. Yousaf Mohamed scored twice with Abdoulaye Ly Athie and Ibrahim Khan also finding the back of the net ahead of their showdown with Colebrook this weekend.


Back on Wednesday evening, the last semi-final of the season was completed at Parsloes Park as holders Brook Athletic took on AC Milano in a re-match of last year's West Essex Cup Final, this time at the last four stage. The sides were well matched and the game ended at 2-2, a penalty shootout therefore being needed to decide this year's finalist. Brook held their nerve in the shootout to win 4-3 and set up a showdown with Parsonage Leys this weekend.

Other News Articles

Return to news list